Eurodyssée is an exchange programme between European Regions, which allows young job seekers aged between 18 and 30 to benefit from a traineeship placement abroad for a period between three to seven months. The age limit may vary according to the origin region.
In a tripartite arrangement, the regional administrations that are members of the Eurodyssey programme will submit the young persons application and profile to potential employers of their network in order to find a work placement for him/her.
For the young people
- To integrate young people from all horizons and educational backgrounds,
- To gain professional experience,
- To get an opportunity to improve their knowledge of a foreign language,
- To put their social and cultural skills to the test,
- To enhance their employability and facilitate their adjustment to the international labour market.
For the Regions
- To offer to young qualified Europeans, aged between 18 and 30, living in the Regions active within the Eurodyssey programme, the chance to carry out a practical traineeship placement of three to seven months in a business or institution,
- To help and foster the young people’s transition into the labour market,
- To provide opportunities for young people to widen their cultural and professional horizon,
- To successfully address youth unemployment and management of human resources,
- To make young people ambassadors of their Region.
For the businesses and institutions
- To give a business the opportunity to make use of the skills of a young person educated in another European country,
- To make the economic environment play a part in the training of young people at the same time as opening up to Europe,
- To offer to young Europeans a professional business experience,
- To allow trainees to adapt socially, culturally and linguistically.